Instructs recovery operators to correctly handle, safely recover, transport and store the casualty vehicle. Preserving all evidence and avoiding cross contamination.
- Health and safety as it applies to the recovery of a casualty vehicle
- Identification of potential sources of evidence
- Recognition and avoidance of possible biological hazards whilst preserving them as evidence
- Identification and handling of forensic evidence
- Understanding how to avoid cross contamination
- British law and the criminal system
- Understanding of the laws governing the handling of evidence
- The importance of good communication skills and understanding of the terminology employed - Mechanical Preservation, CSI, Continuity of Evidence etc.
- Care and preparation prior to recovery of the casualty vehicle
Practical Skill Instruction
- Demonstrate proper understanding of what is required from the recovery operator, by the police and all other organisations, at the scene and when recovering and storing the casualty vehicle